Monday, October 25, 2010

Going strong on next to no sleep

Ever now and then I'll get in these grooves (or funks) where I have so many ideas piling up in my head that I just can't sleep.

My husband and I have pretty much decided that for our next house, we want to build. After looking around off and on for the last couple years, we just can't seem to find exactly what we want. And our next move will be the last one for a long time. We want to be settled in the next house for quite a long time and are sooo over the whole moving thing. Over the last 7 years, we've moved 5 times. Granted, 4 of those times were due to hubby being in the Navy for 4 years and moving from one city to another. But that doesn't change the fact that we have had to move a decent number of times. Moving sucks....and it's a pain in the butt. So like I said, we've kept our eyes open for nice homes in the country with at least 5 acres. We need space. We want our kids and dogs to have room to run. Plus we don't want neighbors super close and the hubby wants 4 wheelers that he can tool around on on our property. But we can never find exactly what we want and we don't want to have to compromise on anything. We want the next house to have everything we want, the way we want it, where we want it. And the only way to achieve that is to build. So with that said, I'm now on crazy-person mode putting all my ideas into a binder so I don't forget any of them. I've been planning, designing and decorating certain house and certain style in my head for years: victorian, vintage farmhouse. I'm in love with the style and everything that goes along with it. My mind is consumed with all my ideas of marble tile, hardwood floors, pedestal sinks, a clawfoot tub and much much more.

On top of that, I've had an overload of ideas to paint. I love to design just about anything, so its hard for me to stick with just digital art, digital photography or painting. So, I go back and forth, depending on what ideas I have at the time for the type of art I want to create. I'm not real sure why I've had such an overwhelming need/want to paint lately. I think a lot of it (and the fact I love art in general) comes from my grandma. She has been drawing/painting for a long, long time. I remember being little and staying over at her house with my cousins and I would always have so much fun looking at her artwork. I must've gotten all the artsy fartsy genes because no one else in my family likes it near as much as me. My dad has a cartoon that he created and was featured in a local newspaper funny section for awhile, but he's the only other artistic one. And I'm pretty sure my mom's stick people don't count.

So between designing a house in my head and having a need to create new paintings, I've been unable to sleep. I went to bed last night at 1 am, only to toss and turn and pretty much not sleep at all until about 7ish am. I managed to sleep for 2-3 hours and then I was up again. But here it is, nearly 2 am and I'm still going strong. I've realized over the years that sometimes it's just better to stay up and bang out whatever ideas you have. Otherwise you just lay in bead, with your ideas clawing away at your brain. I've already finished one painting and debating on starting another or trying to go to bed. Good thing would be that I would give another idea life. Bad thing would be that I'd probably be up for another couple hours.

Here's to another night of little sleep.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails